Sunday, January 28, 2007

To Flickr or not to Flickr

I'm tired of manually editing the HTML to display my pictures, so I'm trying out the slideshow plug-in from Flickr. There are some limitations to it (captions are not displayed in the slideshow, the screen size cannot be altered...) but overall it seems like Flickr has the cleanest interface and most useful functionality. Instead of posting a new slideshow every time I have new pictures, I'll probably just upload a whole set of pictures every week or so. You can click on the individual pictures to find out the details of who/what/when/where/why. I'll also label the slideshow posts so that you can find all of the pictures easily.

What do you think? Is the lack of captions in the slideshow a deal-breaker? I'm looking at Photobucket too, so that might be another option.

To control the slideshow, mouse over the top of the screen. You'll see icons to pause, resume, fast-forward, reverse or change the speed (I'm too impatient for the 5 second delay, but I can't figure out how to change the default). Mouse over the bottom of the screen to view the entire set of pictures, where you can click on a thumbnail image to skip to that picture. If you want to see the title and description of a picture, click on it while it is displayed in the main screen.



1 comment:

Brother Hammer said...

tag, your it. read my blog for more details.

Nice pictures.