Monday, January 29, 2007

I'm an "It" girl

Richard tagged me.

The Game: 7 Weird Things About You
The Rules: If you get tagged, you need to write a blog of 7 weird things about yourself as well as state this rule clearly. Then you choose 7 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.
My 7 things:
  1. I can't burp. The only time I remember getting a decent one out was when I was in the crowded study room on the 5th floor of the Student Center during finals week and I stood up to get Shilpa's attention. I meant to whisper her name, but instead I let out a huge belch. I was so proud.
  2. I say the word "accent" with a southern accent. Ack-sayent.
  3. I used to think that the man in the moon could only be seen from Florence, Italy. When I was a child on a family trip, we got out of the tour bus to wait to be checked into the hotel. While we were waiting, someone showed me the man in the moon. I thought that we'd gotten out of the bus specifically to see him from some magical L'Uomo Nella Luna viewpoint. It wasn't until I was in college and I corrected someone who mentioned it ("What? You can't see him here...he's in Florence!") that I realized how silly this was.
  4. I sometimes color my hair so that it won't look colored. I have natural red in my hair that becomes pretty vivid when I spend a lot of time in the sun. My hair stylists always tell me that my natural highlights are what people pay hundreds of dollars for...and I don't like looking like I pay hundreds of dollars for highlights. So I sometimes dye my hair darker in order to cover up my natural highlights.
  5. I'm allergic to the sticky side of Scotch tape, pencil lead, and soft stick deodorant.
  6. I just realized that the word "deodorant" is de-odor-ant. I always thought it was deo-dor-ant. It makes a lot more sense to me now, and I won't misspell it anymore.
  7. I usually sneeze in pairs. I only single-sneeze when I eat an Altoid.
Now I have to tag 7 people. Normally I dislike this sort of thing (it's a little too much like a chain letter) but I like to find out weird things about my friends. So I'll subject 7 of them to the game, even though I feel kind of bad about doing it. I'll tag the following: Margaret, Tarik, Erin, Jeff, Rohit, Darin, Mike. Sorry guys, but I wanna know your quirks.

2 comments:

Kristy Mouti said...

I laughed so hard when I read about deo-dor-ant (it sounds prettier that way). And I should have mentioned that I only sneeze in threes on mine. Yes, probably stems from Nichols. I had a huge crush on him, you know.

Darin Archer said...

My 7 things...
1.) I hate chain mails and anything that requires me to take action with multiple people regardless of whether it will save the life of a small child in a far away village, bring be vast sums of money, allow me to have eternal health or create peace on earth.
...stopping here. ;)