Saturday, January 06, 2007

Having an epiphany

Today is a big day! Not only is it the 12th day of Christmas, Three King's Day, and the Epiphany, but it is also the 70th anniversary of the premier of Porky Pig! And it's my 34th birthday. I'm so happy to be an even age again.

I've had a great day. I normally celebrate my birthday with an all-you-can-eat sushi bonanza with a group of friends, but this year I wanted to be a little more low-key.

The day started on a happy note with a phone call from the Cliff Spa in Snowbird (aka Krispy). Then Chris and I took Cowboy for a snowshoe adventure, this time climbing up towards Kendall Peak. There were no trails this weekend due to the massive amount of fresh snow, so we meandered our own way up the mountain, breaking trail and stopping to play when we got tired. We wore ourselves and Cowboy out, but it was a beautiful day in the mountains. To top it off, when we returned home, I found the most beautiful flower arrangement (plus cuddly blue teddy bear) from Sita. It's almost as tall as Cowboy and it's full of my favorite vibrant colors.

In the evening, Ben, Carrie, Margaret and Travis joined us at Feierabend for some delicious German food. Ben & Chris tried the beer sampler, which turned out to be a bit more extensive than we'd anticipated -- 12 glasses of beer. We enjoyed our Schnitzel, Wurst and Spaetzle while watching the Seahawks pull out a last-minute win over the Cowboys in the NFC wildcard playoff. I got ferried again by Margaret (after all, a ferry card is appropriate for every occasion) and Chris decided that he liked the women's restroom better than the men's. I wore a really loud shirt (as evidenced by the pictures below), which I think is entirely appropriate for the birthday girl.

I've had a wonderful birthday, and I've been spoiled rotten by my friends and family. Thank you all for your thoughtful wishes and gifts! I feel very lucky to have such good people in my life.




3 comments:

Tarik Saleh said...

yeah! welcome to almost 35 which as you will realize in the deep of night is pretty much 40. At least you have that glam retrosexy heroin chic thing going, so there is that.

Happy birthday!

Kristy Mouti said...

It's funny you mentioned being an "even age." When I first started learning numbers (when I was 27). I always wanted the answers to my math problems to be even numbers. I'd let out a little "yes!" every time the answer was even. Like even numbers were good and odds were bad.

Brother Hammer said...

Sup wenmei!!

It's the other Ulm longtimer, thank for the shout out. I kinda figured it was you from Grundgeville.