Friday, December 01, 2006

Viva Lost Wages

Actually, I didn't lose any wages while in Vegas...I didn't have time. I was there for Autodesk University, and they sure know how to pack a schedule! It was like being back at Explo, where every minute of the day is filled with classes, events or meals (but at AU, I didn't wear balloon hats or have my make-up done in every shade of sparkle by a group of 8th grade girls).

Even without the balloons and sparkle, it was a good conference. There were a lot of great sessions, I made some good contacts, and I got to see one of my favorite performance groups, Blue Man Group. (Actually, now that I think of it, the last time I saw Blue Man Group was with Explo...maybe AU is Explo for the AEC industry?)

I didn't take many pictures, since sitting in sessions to hear people talk about CAD standards and deploying design software doesn't offer many photo opportunities. The Wrangler Rodeo Finals were in Vegas, so I had lots of people I wanted to photograph in my 18 minutes of off time...but cowboys are rather big and intimidating, even when they are carrying fur-clad babies wearing tiny cowboy hats.

As always, mouse over the thumbnail shots below to see the titles and click on them for full-size.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ice cream. Hmmmm.... Guess it was warmer in Vegas.