Sunday, December 03, 2006

Nah-nye-mo

Last year, Margaret threw me a wonderful bridal shower at a local wine shop. She made party favors with delicious homemade treats, and Carrie has been raving about them ever since. So last night, Carrie hosted us for an evening of treat-making, starring our local domestic diva: the one and only Margarita.

Margaret provided supplies and instruction, Carrie provided drinks and food, and I provided labor and a dog to distract Baxter (I obviously got the best job). Lori stopped by to say hi and have dinner, but she had to leave before we got down to business. We made a lot of Nanaimo bars (my favorite, ever since I spent Christmas with Margaret's family during our first year of grad school) and peanut butter fudge (Carrie's favorite from the bridal shower). We had fun pretending to be Rachel Ray while covering Carrie's new kitchen in a layer of sugar, graham cracker dust and marshmallow cream.

So now I have a full tray of Nanaimo bars and a full pan of peanut butter fudge. YUM. I've hidden them from Chris, so they are all mine.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh. again... feel free to send me a square.... mmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Now where's that peanut butter fudge????

Anonymous said...

Yo quiero.