Friday, December 08, 2006

Forecast: flat and bumpy

A day of fast groomers, no lift lines, and very flat light. What is flat light, you ask? It's when there's a solid cloud cover blocking the sun and removing any shadows. For skiers, it means that as you're cruising down the slope, you have no idea that you're about to encounter a bump until you hit it. As your knees suddenly smash into your chin, you think, "Ah hah. That was a bump."

Even with the flat light, we had a great day of skiing. Steven's Pass was practically empty, so we had the lifts and the slopes to ourselves. Although there wasn't any new snow, all of the runs were open and the snow was good.

I forgot my camera, so I used Chris' cell phone to take a couple of pictures (can't let a day go by without some sort of photographic documentation).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to think that a bad ski day was better than no ski day. But now I think I'm a spoiled rotten powder brat.