Saturday, December 09, 2006

Lucky Bells

After several years of living in the 'town (Belltown), Lucky's moving to the 'vue (Bellevue). He bought a great place, and today he cashed in his "Help me move" card (granted, he earned it fair and square -- especially after helping me move out of my 3rd floor, elevator-free apartment two years ago). He gathered a crew of very tall guys and one not-so-tall me to help him load up his stuff and transport it to his new place. Since it was a moving day, it rained (that's just how it works in Seattle), but all-in-all it was a smooth move. Plus, he treated us to a great lunch at Tu Casa. I think he may have regretted the lunch, though, as we all succumbed to food coma and stared at his furniture for a while, willing it to load itself into the trailer.

I wonder if this means that Lucky eventually plans to cash in his "Pick me up in your truck because I rode my bike too far and I can't make it home now" card?

No comments: