Saturday, September 20, 2008

Roll over

I reached a milestone with my camera this week. When I take pictures, I keep the image numbers running continuously rather than resetting to zero every time I clear off the memory card. That way, all of my pictures are named in sequential order and it's easy for me to organize them. Well, earlier this week, I hit the maximum number and had to start again from zero. That means that, in less than one year, I've taken over 10,000 pictures with this camera. (Note: I have two other cameras that I use as well.) I'm not sure if that's impressive or disturbing. Or if it's not even that big of a deal. I mean c'mon, 10k+ pictures isn't that much, is it? That's only 830 pictures a month. Or 190 pictures a week. Or about 30 pictures a day. See, that's TOTALLY reasonable.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Have you started buying extra hard drives to store said 10,000 pictures? Or do you delete any? I am having trouble managing my photo storage.

wenmei said...

We actually have a separate 4 GB server that I use to store my pictures. I also upload the majority of them to KodakGallery, where I can get a CD made in case I lose them from the server (that's my back-up plan).