Monday, September 29, 2008

Crying over spilled milk

I just threw out 52 bags of frozen breastmilk because it went bad in the freezer. That's 260 ounces = 16 cups = 4 quarts = 1 GALLON of milk. That represents approximately 18 hours of pumping. 18 hours of time spent so that I would have a good stash for Zachary. Down the drain. Literally.

Now I'm working with the Dude to figure out the best way to nourish my little guy since the frozen milk I'd counted on is gone. I got my trusty Pump-In-Style out, but it appears that my magical milk-making power has disappeared. I just want to cry.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

This really sucks! I am so sorry!

Brother Hammer said...

I know what you mean!!!! Becky (my wife) has yet to throw out her, over thirty, bags of frozen milf (type-o, but I'm keeping it) from Ava. I think she is keeping them for sentimental values.

Hillary said...

Oh this is awful! I'm so sorry - what a horrible feeling to lose that much milk!!!!!!!!!