Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I need more arms

I'm adding "swimming" to my list of things that are difficult to do with a baby.

Actually, the swimming itself isn't a problem. The problem is what comes after the swimming: the rinsing/drying/changing extravaganza. Trying to rinse off in the shower, then dry off the baby, put his diaper on, get his clothes on and then put him somewhere safe while you dry yourself off and change into your street clothes is challenging. Especially in a wet locker room crowded with two dozen other moms and their kids. I think it will be a lot easier once Zachary is standing (or at least sitting up very securely) so I can set him down while I try to get things organized. But nonetheless, we had a fun time at our first swim lesson! And we eventually managed to get out of there dry and fully clothed.

1 comment:

Mike Cappelletti said...

More precisely does not happen