Saturday, June 14, 2008

Baptizing babyhill

I'm excited to announce that we've arranged Zachary's baptism! It's taken us a bit longer than expected, because we had to work with two different churches and figure out some tricky logistics in order to make it happen. But it's all worked out, and we'll be flying back to PA at the end of June to have Zachary baptized at Covenant Presbyterian Church in Sharon. My grandmother was a lifelong member there, and I was baptized there many many eons ago. It will be really special, because my dad and our PA family will be there, and hopefully my brother Jim will be able to make it as well! Unfortunately, Zachary's godparents (Margaret and Todd) won't be able to attend, but they're still on the hook to be his moral guardians.

As we were figuring things out between Covenant and our church, a pastor at our church mentioned how baptism includes the congregation. He said, "You will have a congregation of 1200 ready to support and help you!" I asked, "Do they babysit?"

2 comments:

Margaret said...

The pressure of being one's 'moral guardian' is a bit too much. Glad to know the baptism is set. I wish I could be in PA with you all. Take lots of pictures (like I need to tell you that).

wenmei said...

Aw, no pressure Margaret. You've been my moral guardian for almost 15 years, and look how well you've done! Think how much easier Zachary will be, because he's untainted. You didn't get me until after I'd already been through high school and college.