Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Photo-frenzy and blog-a-rama

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to manage my pictures. I'm posting in three different places right now (see below for descriptions) and it's getting confusing.

It was much easier when I only had one blog and I organized all of my pictures by event. But since Zachary was born, I take a lot more pictures (believe it or not) and the vast majority are event-less, unless you consider things like "drooling" and "sitting in his rocker" to be events. So for Zachary's pictures, I've been organizing the sets by date and posting them to his blog. I post the rest of my event-based or non-Zachary-centric pictures here on this blog.

The problem is when I have pictures of events (such as the baby class reunion) that include pictures of Zachary. Do I post them here or on Zachary's blog? And regardless of where I post them, will people be able to find them if they are scattered across two blogs? And I haven't even factored in the third blog yet.

Hmmmm...gotta think on this one a bit longer.

Here's a run-down of the three blogs, if you're curious:

wenmei
My blog. I started it in 2005, though I did maintain a couple of other sites prior to that (our wedding site in 2005 and my photos from 1999-2004, both of which can be accessed from wenmei). This is my catch-all blog, covering everything from events to pictures to my random thoughts. (By the way, if you click on the links to "wenmei" you won't go anywhere...you're already on that page.)

babyhill
Zachary's blog. This started off as my pregnancy blog, which I spun off from my main blog in order to spare people the details of my transformation into mommy-hood (unless they were interested). It then became my baby blog once Zachary was born. In January, however, Zachary took over the blog so that he could speak for himself. This is where he posts about his activities and where I post his weekly picture sets.

mamarazza
Picture blog. This is my newest blog, and it doesn't contain any text. I wanted a place to post pictures that I like without having to include a description. Right now it only has pictures of Zachary, but it will likely expand to include more. I may use this as the central repository for all of my pictures (and move them off of wenmei and babyhill), but I haven't figured out an elegant way to do that without over-complicating mamarazza.
Oh yeah, speaking of pictures, I've posted a new set to flickr: Misc February pictures

No comments: