Thursday, March 09, 2006

Powder, fidelity, revenge and gratitude

pow.der n.
What we skied on while we were in Colorado. I'll update more on that trip once I have some pics up. High-level summary: I like powder, ski-in/ski-out accommodations, clear sunny skies, dominos, and prime rib with horseradish sauce.

fi.del.i.ty n.
One of the themes of Mozart's comedic opera, Cosi fan tutte. Chris and I saw it at the Seattle Opera last night and it was wonderful. Staged in modern times, it was full of kitschy and local humor and the music was amazing.

re.venge n.
A theme of Seattle Opera's next production, Macbeth, in which I have been cast as a refugee! I am a supernumerary (i.e. I'm on stage but I must keep my mouth shut) and I'm so excited to be taking part in this. It will be a huge time commitment, but I think it will be such a great experience. I'm gonna be in a professional opera production!!

gra.ti.tude n.
What I feel towards Ben and Carrie for getting me involved with the Seattle Opera, via Jim and Paula. I'll remember you when I'm a (non-speaking, non-singing) opera star!

1 comment:

Tarik Saleh said...

Hey,
Cool on the opera! Let me know when you hit the big time out here in Santa Fe.

Congrats