Monday, August 27, 2007

Pictures: Girls' Weekend

Trish came to visit this past weekend! We had a great time doing nothing -- we seem to be pretty good at that. We had all of these big ideas, and ended up just getting pedicures, eating, walking/shopping downtown, and staying up late to chat. No spa treatments, no trip to Vancouver, no chick flick, no stage show...but it was still a great weekend!

Chris was out of town on a rafting trip, so we had the house (and Cowboy) to ourselves. We went downtown both days and took pictures with the various Pigs on Parade that are scattered around the city in celebration of Pike Place Market's centennial. We managed to spend an inordinate amount of time in Sephora, considering that neither of us wears make-up. We also ate our way through Pike Place, enjoying a rather diverse picnic of fried fish, pancit, bread, cheese, donuts, peaches and nectarines while overlooking the waterfront. We forgot to leave in time for Trish's flight out, so we ended up having to speed to the airport, after getting caught in traffic behind a horse and carriage. Luckily, her flight was delayed by 30 minutes!

While Trish was visiting, the infant car seat and stroller that I ordered was delivered. So Trish and I put it together and strapped in my teddy bear (yes, this is the same "Molly Teddy" Steiff bear that I've had since I was a kid and may be recognized by friends who have known me way too long...). We then proceeded to terrorize Cowboy. I forgot how jumpy he is around moving objects! I pushed the stroller around the house for awhile, and eventually Cowboy got comfortable enough to stay in the same room (albeit 10 feet away). I decided that it's OK for him to be a bit wary of the stroller so that he doesn't think it (or its contents) are free for him to bother.

It was great having Trish up for the weekend! I hope she can come up again before the little one arrives. I'm trying to talk her into being my proxy for any public appearances I have to make between now and the due date. She's just so much cuter, especially now that I've gained approximately the equivalent of her entire body weight. Plus she's a black belt, so she can beat up anyone who bothers me or tries to touch my belly (or any other body part, like my ankles...what's up with the ankle thing??).

Link: View pictures from Trisha's visit

No comments: