Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Pictures: Hot August Nights

Well, not exactly "hot". Seems that our stifling hot summer (in the 90s+) lasted for about two weeks in June, and we've been mellowing out in the mid-70s ever since. It's actually not too bad -- sunny and warm and very comfortable. Especially for those of us who are expanding by the day (me) or covered from head to toe in fur (Cowboy).

It's been a very busy August for me, particularly at work. We're reaching a huge milestone in my project, and I'm excited to finally get there! My team has done some amazing work and I'm very proud. I'm also excited about the celebration we're going to have once we pass this milestone! We were going to go curling, but apparently the curling season doesn't start until October so we will have to put that one on hold. Instead, we may get tickets to the Rat City Rollergirls, several of whom work at our company. I've been wanting to see them for a long time and it will be a great way to spend some stress-free time together.

It hasn't been all work/no play -- we've had a couple fun-filled weekends to enjoy this month too! We had a BBQ in Port Orchard with Ben, Carrie, Vicki and Chuck, we saw a Sh*tkickers/DMQ double-whammy show at the Crocodile Cafe with Noah and Monica, and we went to a BBQ at Noah & Monica's with Margaret. We also finally got to meet Joe at Zoka's in Tangletown, and now we're looking forward to a relaxing Point B Getaway at the Alderbrook Resort and Spa on the peninsula this weekend.

Also, I got my Snoogle and I love it. Chris keeps trying to steal it away from me.

Today, Chris and I met for lunch and decided to try out Pecos Pit BBQ. It's right across the street from my office, but I've never been there even though it's been recommended to me many times. We both got the pork sandwich, and it was really tasty! But in all of those recommendations, someone could have mentioned how SPICY the sauce is! Chris ordered "hot" and I ordered "medium", and we nearly passed out. I don't know how Chris finished his -- I had a runny nose and was crying by the time I got halfway through mine. Next time, "mild" it is.

Link: View August pictures

No comments: