Sunday, August 17, 2008

T&T get hitched

We are in the midst of wedding season! We were triple-booked the first weekend of August, so unfortunately we missed Dave & Ashley and Jeff & Stefany's weddings. But we were able to make it to Texas for Tiffany & Trevor's wedding last weekend!

I've known Tiffany and Trevor for a long time. Tiff and I were good friends back in the mid-80's (we met when I was in 8th grade and she was in 9th grade), and I have lots of great memories of running around Ulm with her and her brother Todd (who is my age). Trevor moved to Ulm a couple years later, when he, Todd and I were in 10th grade. Trevor and Tiffany dated for about 6 months back then, but then Tiffany & Todd moved to Hawaii. Trevor stayed in Ulm until the middle of our senior year, when he moved to Texas.

Anyway, fast forward 10 years. I was living in Seattle, Trevor was in Texas, and Tiff & Todd were in Portland, OR. Trevor and I found one another online and were catching up via email and IM, and Tiff and I reconnected as well. I put Tiff and Trevor back in touch with each other, and the rest is history. At the time, I joked, "If you ever get married, I'd better be in the wedding."

Fast forward another 10 years (to last weekend). Tiff and Trevor get married. And true to her word, Tiffany asked me to be in the wedding.

We had a really good time at the wedding. They were married in a cute little church in Fashing, which appeared to us to be precisely in the middle of nowhere. The ceremony was lovely, and it was so nice to meet Tiff & Trevor's friends and family and see their parents, who I haven't seen in over 20 years. Todd was there with his wife and two little girls, and Tiff's youngest brother Troy was there, looking very grown up. (He must be about 30 now, so I guess that counts as grown up. I don't think we could stuff him into a cardboard box and threaten to mail him to Hawaii now, like we did when he was 8.)

We headed to New Braunfels for the reception, and enjoyed a riverside dinner and celebration. Unfortunately, we had to head back to our hotel after the speeches and bouquet/garter tosses. Zachary was quickly losing steam and starting the loud and ceaseless droning sound he makes when he's tired. Even though we had to leave a bit early, we really enjoyed the whole day! And we were disappointed to miss the newlyweds make their get-away...via decorated tubes on the river. Sweet.

Here are a couple pictures from the event, and I've posted the complete set on flickr.




Pictures: Tiffany & Trevor's wedding

6 comments:

Deborah said...

You are very photogenic-glamour queen. Seems highly unfair...

wenmei said...

I always wanted to do those glamour shots in the mall... :)

Anonymous said...

Glamour shots got nothin' on you! You are uber fab!

Anonymous said...

Weren't we both class of 89?

Anonymous said...

never mind...I guess you were in Todd's grade.

Anonymous said...

omg...we threatened to send my little bro to Hawaii? That's funny stuff! I only remember us stringing him up by the attic rafters with Judo belts. :)