Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sizing me up

Another little quirk of being a nursing mom: I can't fit into my bikini top until after I nurse Z. And then I have ~3 hours before I need another size adjustment.

And Chris wonders why I've refused to buy any new clothes since I was pregnant. Your guess is as good as mine as to what shape and size I'll be once everything settles down! And I do mean down.

People have asked me how long it took to lose the pregnancy weight. To be honest, I didn't really notice because I wasn't paying as much attention to my weight as I was to my shape. I hit my pre-pregnancy weight awhile ago, but I'm not back to my pre-pregnancy shape by any means (and I'm not talking about being "in shape"; I'm talking about my actual volumetric shape). I weigh the same as I did before, but somehow I take up more room...

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I don't understand how you could avoid buying new clothes - very impressive. I am definitely not the same shape either, but I had to have something that fit, even if it isn't going to fit forever.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to go with that being the reason Deborah's pants don't fit me....maybe now that she's had a baby?? Don't hold your breath!! And when are you guys coming for a sleepover?? I see chick flicks and ice cream in our future!

wenmei said...

I would love a sleepover! I'll bring Ben, you bring Jerry. :)