Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Christmas week

I'm a little behind on things, so I'm just posting our Christmas pictures now. I suppose I'll get to my annual "New Year summary" sometime in mid-January... I can blame it on the fact that, not only have we had family visiting for almost 8 weeks straight now, but I haven't slept for more than 2 hours at a stretch in all that time as well. Considering that I'm not working, it's surprisingly difficult to get anything done nowadays!

As I mentioned in prior posts, we hosted Christmas this year so that Zachary could meet the rest of the family on the Hill side. Bob, Kelly, Patrick and Kimberly flew in on Christmas Day, David and Jenny arrived on the 26th, and Brendan came on the 27th. It was really fun to have everyone around -- it's always a good time when the four brothers get together! And Zachary was a hit with everyone, even when he hit his "witching hour" (that magical time every evening when he starts screaming uncontrollably) or performed his bodily functions within eye, ear and nose range of everyone.

Kelly cooked a delicious dinner for Christmas evening, and we spent the next couple days wandering around downtown so that everyone could see the sights and go shopping. We had brunch at Julia's, hit some balls at the driving range, and tried to get in some scenic views in spite of the rain. Everyone played "Apples to Apples" after Zachary and Mama went down for the night (the only way to quiet the screams is to attach the screamer to Mama, so when Zachary goes to bed, Wenmei goes to bed), and they even enjoyed a few adult beverages out at the Bierstube and Leny's! (That's an exclamatory statement because I can't imagine being out past 8 PM or enjoying adult beverages...)

It was a wonderful visit and we really enjoyed having everyone in town. We're so glad they were all able to come to see Zachary for his first Christmas! We just wish the weather had cooperated a bit more (of course, it was sunny and clear the day after everyone left), but that just means everyone will have to come back in the summer so that they can actually see the mountains and enjoy the ferry rides.

I've posted a bunch of pictures on flickr and the slide show above -- I'll let them do the rest of the talking.

Pictures: Christmas 2007

No comments: