Saturday, January 05, 2008

Wild and crazy New Year's celebration

For New Year's Eve this year, Kelly came over to our place to watch Zachary while Chris and I enjoyed our first dinner out alone since he was born. We went to Kisaku for sushi (my first official sushi since the pregnancy!) and had a lovely evening. We broke all of those rules about how you're supposed to find something other than the baby to talk about when you have a "date night", but we still had a great time. We are so appreciative that Kelly could be here to watch him and let us get away for a couple hours!

We were done with dinner and back home by 7 PM, and I was in my pajamas and getting Zachary down to sleep by 8:30 PM. I did manage to stay awake long enough to watch Robbie Maddison break the world record for the longest motorcycle jump (no, this is not something I really care about, but it was on TV) but I didn't make it to midnight. My, how things have changed in the last year! At least I got to watch the ball drop with the well-preserved Dick Clark in Times Square, so I celebrated Shilpa and Sita's new year instead. I was also up at 2 AM for a feeding, so I celebrated Sarah's new year in Maui as well.

Even though our New Year's Eve was rather uneventful this year, it was still wonderful. We have had such an exciting year and we are looking forward to all of the amazing new experiences we will be having in 2008!

Pictures: New Year's Eve

No comments: