Friday, July 14, 2006

Chip-chop ham

I'm on the wrong computer right now so I don't have access to all of my pictures, but I realize that I'll NEVER get around to updating this blog with our chip-chop ham adventures if I keep waiting until the stars align and I happen to be sitting at the correct computer with some free time on my hands. It's funny how much less appealing it is to sit behind a computer when the sun is shining.

So yes, chip-chop ham. And Amish rustlin'. And, most importantly, taking Chris back to western PA to visit my dad, Joan and their menagerie of pups! This was Chris' first trip to that part of the country, and it was fun (for me at least) to show him where I spent my childhood summers with my Grandma. We walked through Buhl Park, we checked out the Sharon Country Club (as a kid, I thought only royalty got to enter the Country Club), we shopped till we dropped at the Shenango Valley Mall. My dad took us on a drive to see the college where he's a perfesser and we stalked some of the local Amish.

We also had chip-chop ham. I don't know why I love chip-chop ham so much, but I do. It's just your regular run-of-the-mill chipped ham cooked in a sweet bbq sauce, then spooned over a bun like a sloppy joe. But there's something about it -- it's heaven. And I don't even really like ham. I associate it with summers with Grandma, I guess. I can't imagine that I'd like it nearly so much if I had it anywhere other than western PA.

We spent most of the weekend catching up with Joan and my dad while watching Connie (Jack Russell terrier) jump through the air while Sophie (greyhound) ignored her and Chaos, Mindy and Momma (chihuahuas) alternated between running from or barking at us. It was a really nice weekend, and we had a good time relaxing with family and enjoying the sights and sounds of the Shenango Valley.

As I mentioned when I started this post, I don't have access to my full-sized pictures from this computer. However, I downloaded a few from my online photo album for your viewing pleasure:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures!! especially Connie showing her athletic ability and Chaos and his sad,goofy little face!