Saturday, September 08, 2007

Linda's birthday and another slide app

OK, I'm trying something new again. I'm going to give "Slide.com" a shot so that I can post pictures directly in my blog again (instead of links to Flickr). The same pictures will be available as sets on Flickr, so you can always go to Flickr to see all of my sets.

Last night, we went to Crimson C to celebrate Linda's 30th birthday with her. I haven't been out in a long time, and it was a lot of fun to see everyone! Although I felt a bit awkward, being the only pregnant woman in the bar (note, this is one of those trendy club type bars, not a "drink beer and play darts" bar where I think pregnant women are more prevalent). I actually stopped for a moment before I entered the bar and asked Chris, "Are pregnant women even allowed in?" Later in the night as I was dancing with Carrie and Kerstin, I mentioned that I felt like that scene in "Sweet Home Alabama" when Reese Witherspoon says, "You have a BABY! In a BAR!"

Anyway, we had a good time and I lasted a lot longer than I thought I would. Most of the Aussie crowd was there to help Linda ring in her 30s, and it was a fun place with good music. The last time I was at this particular location was when it was still Larry's Nightclub, which was shut down after too many incidents (fights, stabbings, etc.). Crimson C has DEFINITELY cleaned up the image.

Turns out we have a few other babies on the way in the group, so we'll be looking forward to meeting a little Smith and a little Donaldson soon after little Hill makes his or her appearance! And Chris has already stated that if our baby is a girl (which most of his friends seem to think it is), she is NOT allowed to date the Smith boy. But the Smiths shouldn't take that personally -- if we have a girl and Chris has anything to say about it, she will not be allowed to date ANYONE.

The more immediate threat, however, is from the Buffalo Bills. Yes, Broncos season starts tomorrow morning at 10am PST. Wheee! Here we go...

Oh yes, let me know what you think about the slideshow. I might replace the Flickr stuff at the top of my page with a slideshow as well if I like the way it works.

No comments: