Tuesday, May 23, 2006

One leapin' Cowboy

One of the funniest things I've seen in a long time is watching Cowboy wear his new booties. Yes, he's got booties. I want to take him for longer bike rides, but it tears up his paws. So I got him some snazzy "Ruff Wear" high-endurance booties to protect him. They fasten onto his paws with snug velcro straps, so there's no way he's taking them off unless he chews them off. So far, I've only put them on his front paws -- but that was funny enough to keep us entertained for awhile. At first he tip-toes around, trying not to put any weight on his front paws. If you call him, he LEAPS into the air...trying to jump right out of the booties, I assume. I tried to get pictures of it, but I couldn't. He was too erratic, bouncing all over the living room and skidding into the furniture. And I was laughing too hard. Poor boy.

Next step: Doggles.

1 comment:

Tarik Saleh said...

Hah,

I gave dog booties to my brothers dog and had the same hilarious consequences, read here (at the bottom):
http://tsaleh.blogspot.com/2006/01/helmet-wars-welp-internet-is-horror.html