Monday, April 07, 2008

Holy cow...

...pun intended.

At work, I've been frequenting one of the "New Mothers Rooms" (they used to be called "Lactation Rooms"...I wonder why they changed the name?). These rooms are great. They are set up with several lactation stations (is that like "Conjunction Junction"?) -- private areas equipped with a comfy chair, a small table, a pump, a timer/clock, and trashy magazines. The room itself has a sink, storage cabinets, and a refrigerator. It's a surprisingly popular place; there has only been one time that I've been in there alone.

To use the pumps, you bring in your own accessory set (tubing, bottles, etc.) and hook up. For the last two weeks, I've been using a set with a broken valve. It works, but not very well. Today I brought in the (unbroken) accessories from my pump at home...and WOW. These pumps rock. Talk about industrial-grade action! What would normally take me about 20-30 minutes (spread out over two sessions) took me less than 10 minutes!

Speaking of pumping (and who would've thought I'd ever spend an entire post talking about it), I saw a blog tagline that always makes me laugh. "I pump, therefore I am. Tired." Amen.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I'm kinda jealous of your trashy magazines and comfy chairs. My milking room (don't you think thats what they would call it at a dairy?) is very utilitarian. I am counting the days until I can stop the pumping madness. My goal is to get to 6 months. Are you planning to do a full year, or anything heroic like that?