Monday, February 04, 2008

Chocolate + pasta = brilliant

Ben and Carrie came over last week to continue a tradition that we all kind of regret: watching the "Saw" movies together. This time it was "Saw IV", and I seem to have a harder and harder time following the plot. Since I have the somewhat annoying talent of forgetting a movie immediately after I've seen it, the "Saw" series (which relies on familiarity with the previous installments) is a challenge for me. I can't remember who did what, and I completely miss a lot of the meaningful tie-ins. Ah well. I still cringe at the gore.

And I have to admit, the "Hostel" series disturbs me more. And yes, we share that unfortunate tradition with Ben and Carrie as well. We are planning to watch "Hostel 2" soon.

But anyway, one highlight of the evening (other than enjoying Ben and Carrie's company, of course) was finally making the Pappardelle's chocolate linguine that we bought at Christmas. I served it for dessert with stewed berries, vanilla ice cream, and chocolate sauce on top. Yum.

No comments: