Wednesday, October 04, 2006

September morning still can make me feel this way

September has always been one of my favorite months. Even though the leaves are dying and everyone is burrowing in for the winter, I can't help but feel that surge of excitement -- mixed with anxiety -- that accompanies new beginnings. It brings me back to the start of the school year, when anything and everything was possible. Maybe, just maybe, this would be the year that I would somehow shed my ugly duckling feathers and become a swan! I held onto that hope throughout the start of the school year, the Friday night football games, Homecoming...it wasn't until November that my enthusiasm started to peter out and I'd settle into another long year of being just me.

We had a very nice September this year, filled with fun, family and activities. Here are some of the things we did:

  • Hike to Commonwealth Basin and Red Pass with Margaret
  • Wine-tasting party at Wenarto's
  • Puyallap Fair and rodeo finals with the Woods
  • Pup-sitting for Baxter (Cowboy's li'l buddy)
  • Sunny afternoon at Rattlesnake Lake
  • Visit from Chris' parents and brother David
  • Chris and Todd fulfilled their golfing dream
  • Fremont Oktoberfest
What is that you ask? Do I have any pictures? Why, as a matter of fact I do! Here, check them out!

Note: I have no idea why there's such a huge blank space between this paragraph and the pictures. I think it has something to do with the table I used to organize the pictures, but I can't find anything in the code to fix it. It really aggravates me when things like this just "appear". That's why I write in HTML -- so that I can see the source code and reduce surprises like this. Grrrrr.







Hike

Wenarto's

Puyallup

Baxter

Lake

Family visit

Golf
Oktoberfest

No comments: