Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Pretty Granite

This past weekend was a gorgeous fall weekend -- possibly the last one before the winter gray hits -- so Margaret and I took advantage of the sunny weather to hike Granite Mountain. The leaves were in all their color-changing glory and we could see for miles when we reached the top. It was a perfect day for a hike and I'm so glad that we were able to do Granite before the snow starts! Some of you may remember that the last time I did Granite, I got lost in a blizzard and got frostbite on several of my fingertips. It was good to replace those scary memories with images of vibrant foliage, clear blue skies, and endless mountain panoramas.

OK, I'm starting to sound like a travel ad (except for that blizzard/frostbite part). Let's look at pictures. Remember to mouse over the thumbnail images to see their titles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gee, Are those some beautiful sights. The colours were amazing and that blue sky(looked like a Colorado sky) plus Rainier to boot. Cowboy seems to have had a great time too.