Thursday, September 07, 2006

Word of the season

slack*er [slak-er] (n.)
1. a person who evades his or her duty or work; shirker.
2. a person who evades military service.
3. an esp. educated young person who is antimaterialistic, purposeless, apathetic, and usually works in a dead-end job.

Whoa, I wasn't expecting the vigour of the third definition. Is it just me, or does it sound just a tad bitter? Perhaps it was written by the frustrated parent of a slacker?

Anyway, I am guilty of definition #1, as it relates to this blog. I have some serious catching up to do again. I don't seem to be a very consistent summer blogger, do I? Too many other things to do.

Chris and I just returned from our honeymoon in Europe, so I will have lots of photos to post soon. Until then, here are a few snippets to fill the gaps between Cowboy's kayaking adventure and the honeymoon:

Splitting wood


Enjoying another sunny day on the water, with Finn instead of Cowboy


Homecoming BBQ at Eric & Jen's


Boating with Ben & Carrie


Backyard opera and 80's bash at Wenarto's


Starbucks Pirate Picnic


Walla Walla Wino Women



Point B Getaway at Sun Mountain Lodge



As always, click on the thumbnails to see the larger image.

No comments: