Saturday, April 08, 2006

Just Say Anoha

Last Friday, Margaret and I headed down to the Luau for dinner and drinks. I know a lot of people who can't get enough of the Luau, but I've never been able to garner as much enthusiasm for the place. This evening did not help. We started with appetizers and drinks, but shortly after being served we seemed to have fallen into the Bermuda Triangle of wait service. Our table was right in the middle of the room, which apparently is completely invisible to the staff. We escalated from subtle nods and smiles to actually standing up and waving our arms in the air. I could have guided a jetliner into place, but I could not get the attention of a single waitstaff. Finally, Margaret went to the wait station and forced someone to pay attention to us. We got our bill and left. It's really too bad, because we'd planned to order more food. We could have 1) freed up a table for other patrons or 2) ordered more food, but instead we 3) sat there for two hours and then left after ordering only drinks and appetizers. Shame.

I spent most of the week either being sick or trying to make up for being sick. I also spent a lot of time harrassing Cowboy. Chris was away on a trip to Zion, so Cowboy was stuck with me for 24 hours a day. Poor boy. I did let him have some fun though -- I let him disembowel his mooing cow toy. His idea of fun is to "catch and kill" his toys. He's very adept at ripping a small hole in them and then pulling out all of their stuffing. At least he's tidy about it - he keeps all of the stuffing together in one pile on his rug.

This past Friday night was another Sh*tkickers concert! I love the Sh*tkickers. This one was for a benefit and it took place in the Salmon Bay Eagles club. I have to say that it was probably the most appropriate setting for a Sh*tkickers concert that I've been to. We started with German food at the People's Pub on Ballard Ave and then headed out to the Eagles club. It was a very mixed crowd, but the show was great and we had a fun group there with us to enjoy it! The usual suspects were there (Chris, Meg, Margaret and me), and we were joined by Joel, Glenn, Cathy (who is very quickly becoming a "usual suspect"), Marek and Ashina (or something like that -- I'm sorry, but I didn't quite catch her name).


Yesterday was my first rehearsal for Macbeth. This is going to be so much fun! I showed Chris what I do during the whole scene we rehearsed: I lie dead in a wagon. It was a good first rehearsal for me because it's not that hard so far (eyes closed, arms flailed, no noticeable breathing...got it). But now we will start to work in earnest -- I have 3 to 5 rehearsals a week plus one weekend day starting tomorrow. The opera opens on May 6 and runs through May 20, so it's going to be a really busy six weeks for me! I'm really excited about it.

On top of it all, I'm still waiting for my free pony.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where's zion? what's zion?
poor cow, stuck with YOU all week!

wenmei said...

just added a link to zion national park (in the blog)...