Friday, February 10, 2006

Zillow talk

I'm addicted to Zillow.

But first, football. Tarik (of Moscaline fame) was surprised that I like football. He has known me for a very long time and thus knows that spending a weekend day sitting in front of a television to watch grown men play a game does not really mesh with my personality. He is right about that. I never actually said that I like football, but Chris likes it and I watch it because he watches it. And since I am sacrificing a perfectly good ski or hike day, I want to at least be well-informed and learn all that I can about it. Normally I would have very little opinion about the games, but this year just happened to bring together the teams that I do know and have followed for years -- the Steelers and the Seahawks. But that's over now, so no more football talk. Back to Cowboy!

Cowboy is as sweet as ever. He'll be one year old next week. No, we don't have a party planned. He's a dog.

I got another haircut too. Gary asked me why I cut my hair and whether I like long or short hair better. I read an interesting article about hair on MSN when I was deciding to cut it the first time. They compared it to picking a party dress. Long hair is like a black dress -- it's safe, attractive, and people will think you look nice but will forget what you wore the next day. Short hair is like a red dress -- it makes a statement, shows self-confidence, and people notice and remember it. Long hair is much easier to manage, but I do think I like short hair better. I always cut my hair when I'm feeling bored or complacent and want to stir things up a bit. I think it gives me more pep and makes me feel less "United States of Generica".

Now it's time to take my peppy short hair, get back onto Zillow, and look up all of my neighbors' houses.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude. i dig the shag. and yes, short hair is a good thing -- not as much blowdrying, less shampoo, not in the face all the time, etc. the negatives: you can't pull it back and it needs to get cut a lot. so, after 3 years with the short shag, i'm not going to cut my hair for the next few months just so ppl in sf can see how long it is, and then go back to short. melikey it short :)

wenmei said...

chili-peppa! i love your short hair. but yes, i agree with you -- not being able to pull it back in the summertime is a drag. also, short-hair hathead is FAR worse than the long-hair version -- i end up looking like an anime character. now if only i could get those giant sparkly eyes...

Anonymous said...

definitely. the bedhead is much worse with short hair.. and you can't get away with getting up in the morn and not showering. i think i miss pigtails the most tho... i'm looking forward to those. the last time i had long hair was when we was in costa rica!! eek!