Monday, July 21, 2008

I concede

Deborah totally called me out on being lazy with the blogs. Whoops. I have quite a bit to catch up, and I'll start here with my excuses:

  • I have a gazillion pictures from our trip back to Pennsylvania to visit Grampa Walt and Grandma Joan, and I haven't had a chance to go through them yet so I haven't been able to post anything.
  • Zachary is now in a pattern of sleep/nurse/eat/play that does not give me much time to do anything other than nurse/feed/play, plus a few chores or personal tasks (e.g. shower) while he's napping.
  • I failed utterly at being a true SAHM and got myself a part-time job testing ourWorld, a virtual world centered around casual gaming and social interaction. My SAHM-ness lasted for all of 1 hr 45 minutes (if you consider the working day to start at 8 AM). By 9:45 AM on my first day as a SAHM, I became a WAHM (work-at-home-mom), and I've been spending a fair amount of my copious free time testing the ourWorld site.
  • It's sunny and warm and lovely outside, so I'd much rather be there than on the computer.
So those are my excuses. My next task is to actually start catching up, and I will do that very soon! But right now, I hear Z stirring from his nap...

1 comment:

Deborah said...

You are a compulsive overachiever, aren't you? Congrats on the new job! Clearly Starbucks couldn't survive without you, and had to start closinhg stores and laying people off as soon as you left.