Friday, November 24, 2006

Turkey time

We flew back to Pennsylvania to spend Thanksgiving with my dad, Joan, and family. As always, it was a fun (loud) time filled with family and dogs. Gaia has grown up into such a nice young lady, and from what I hear (and saw, while we were taking a walk and she practiced her moves), she's quite a talented dancer! I'm looking forward to seeing her name in lights when she's a famous ballerina.

I'm amazed whenever I see Alison -- I remember going to Summer's Best Two Weeks with her when we were in grade school, and now she's the kind of mother that I hope to be someday. It's similar to how I think about Ginger and her little girls. Sometimes I feel like everyone else grew up while I wasn't looking.

My dad's dogs are a little less mortified when we're around. Mindy, Momma and Chaos actually come into the room and don't bark the whole time. Sophie is as beautiful and skittish as always, and Connie is...Connie. Up down up down around around in out up around up down in out...

My dad and Joan seem to be doing really well too. My dad is starting to think again about what he wants to be when he grows up. I'm pushing for "ordained minister" because I've always wanted to be a PK.

Although it was a quick trip, it was a good time. It was really nice to see everyone and hear what they've been up to. Also, I got chip-chop ham for TWO meals. Yum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks! We like visiting with you, too, and it was nice to meet your husband. Gaia says hi!
-Alison