Sunday, March 15, 2009

Quarter(s) of my life

For the last 10 years, I've been collecting the state quarters. I didn't actively seek them out (i.e. order them, get new quarters from the bank, ask people to help). I preferred to just come across them as I went about my life (or Chris' life -- I did look through his change too). So they aren't pristine and I wasn't concerned about which mint they came from. I was just happy to find them.

About 5 years ago, Trisha gave me a Statehood Quarters coin album to store my collection. She also gave me a copy of the group picture from the 2003 Yahoo! Yodel Challenge (where we made it into the Guinness Book of World Records for the largest group yodel) at the same time, so I still have that picture stored in the coin album.

Tonight, I received an Alaska quarter as part of my change from Half Price Books. That's the last one I needed! It was so exciting to slip it into the little compartment and flip through the pages, looking back on 10 years of coins. I finished it! And it did take me just over a quarter of my life to complete, which I suppose is very fitting.

No comments: