Thursday, February 26, 2009

Weekend getaway

Today I'm leaving for my very first baby-free trip since my hilltot was born! I can't believe that it's been almost 16 months and I haven't even spent a single night away from him. I'm a little nervous about how I'll handle it, but I know that he'll be just fine. It will be so great for Chris and Z to have some father-son bonding time, and it will be good practice for Chris as my pregnancy progresses and he has to take on more parenting responsibilities. I did cook enough food for Z to last a couple weeks (in case I decide I need more away time), but other than that, it's going to be Daddytime, 24x7! They are going to have a great time.

And I am going to have a fabulous time! We're going to Disneyland, we're going to eat lots of good Asian food, it will be warm (at least compared to the several inches of snow I woke up to this morning), we're going to get pampered, and best of all, I get to hang out with Trish! And I won't have to constantly think about nap times, meal times, packing up 10 tons of gear...in fact, I'm going to fly with JUST A CARRY-ON! What a dream. No car seat, no stroller, no huge duffel bag with a Pack-n-Play. Just me and my clothes. Whoo hoo!

OK, maybe I won't have such a hard time with this. I'll try really hard not to skip down the airport terminal.

Just kidding. I know I'm going to miss my boys terribly. And I'm too awkward to skip anyway.

No comments: