Monday, December 17, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

OK, I stole that blog title from Margaret. But I feel justified in doing so, because she stole one from me earlier ("What a difference one day makes"). Ha! Plus, I need to get her back for introducing me to that sinful (and addictive) delight called the peanut butter banana smoothie.

We're getting ready for the holidays! We have a tree and lights up, I stuck my little one-piece nativity scene on the mantel, and I'm single-handedly eating the chocolates out of all three Advent calendars (the sacrifices I make just to keep us up-to-date). Chris' family is coming out for the holidays (and to see a certain little guy, of course), and we're looking forward to our first Christmas with Zachary!

It's also kind of neat to realize that this is home...that we no longer "go home" for Christmas. We are a family and have created our own home that Zachary will one day "come home" to for holidays. Crazy! But really great too. I guess we're finally growing up?

In addition to putting up decorations, we took Zachary out for his first social event this weekend! We couldn't miss Jen and Eric's annual Christmas party, so we bundled up the baby and headed on over. As always, the house looked amazing and Jen and Eric did a fantastic job of hosting. It was really nice to see everyone after being on house arrest for so long, and people were excited to finally meet our little guy. There was also a lot of other happy news to celebrate -- two pregnancies and one engagement! We're very excited for everyone and looking forward to Zachary having a couple more friends next summer!

I've posted two new sets of pictures on flickr: Christmas decorations and Christmas party.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure called me out! I promise not to title steal ever again.

Anonymous said...

I love all the photos, but especially the ones Zachary appears in. WOnderful, WOnderful.